Monday, April 4, 2011

Stupid Ignorance

Before I begin this post, let me offer my condolences to the 7 United Nations workers who killed Friday in volent protests in the city of Mazar-i-Sharif.

Now, let us discuss the person who incited the protests, and that is none other the Pastor Terry Jones. You might all remember him from last year, when he set up plans to burn the Koran on the ninth anniversary of the September 11 attacks, only to back down at the last minute.

He completed his promise on March 20, 2011. Because of that, it incited those protests in Mazar-i-Sharif that killed seven UN workers. Sure, that doesn't mean that he could feel a bit remorseful. Yet he's not. As he told the AFP news wire services,  "We don't feel responsible for that." What is going to make him responsible, when more UN workers are killed? Mr. Jones calls the Koran "the book of the devil" but he himself states "We are not Koran experts." How is he then supposed to know that the Koran is the book of the devil? Has he even read it? Last time I checked, the Koran preaches tolerance, and is very similar to the Bible and the Torah- since they all preach the existence of one god and as in Christianity, it holds Jesus in high regard, not necessarily as the son of god, as Christians do, but they give him a high standing nonetheless- as a prophet of god- as well as Moses, Elijah, Abraham and many other prophets that are held high in Christianity. Lastly, before I go into teaching religion class- all three trace their ancestry to Abraham. Oh, one last thing I would to like quote from Mr. Jones, "I would not consider myself an expert on the bible." Hmm, that's interesting. Need I say more? 

1 comment:

  1. Great points you unsung hero of journalism and truth. I'm glad to see you resume your fine form and stick it to the man. This so-called "minister" sounds like a real jerkbag. An idiot who is trying to get famous and make a name for himself. I'm embarrassed for him.

    Keep being brave and writing the truth!

    ReplyDelete